Did you know that the average person makes 35,000 ”remotely conscious” choices per day? If we are spending about seven hours a day sleeping and likely not making decisions (depending on the type of dreamer you are ;), that makes about 2,000 decisions per hour
And it may sound like a crazy number, but according to researchers at Cornell University, we make 226.7 decisions each day on just food alone.
As time goes on and life gives us more responsibilities, so does the range of choices we’re faced with.
“Would it be totally stupid to quit my job in this economy?”
“Should I leave my relationship?”
“Is that really worth the money?”
“I want to say no, but what if they’re mad when I do?”
It’s easy for us to get into “analysis paralysis,” wasting so much time, energy and, let’s face it – bottles of wine – ruminating about which decision is best for us.
But life is about making choices. And our brains can get really good at this – especially when we are clear about who we are and what we want – but it takes learning some skills.
This episode digs into the different types of choices we can make, and how to make decisions – even hard ones.
Cause life is short, and we don’t want to f*ck it up if we can avoid it.
In This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How to move beyond “decision fatigue” and finally make a decision
- Why making choices (or don’t make them) is central to your inner confidence, sense of authenticity, and alignment with your integrity
- Why it’s important to take responsibility for your choices
- Why developing the skills to make active decisions rather than passive ones will really benefit you in the long run…even if its a painful learning curve at first
- How to claim your own agency in your decision making – and become more resilient in living with the consequences of your choices
- Why facing your hard decisions head on will help you curb unnecessary stress, depression, procrastination and even physical illness
- Tools that go beyond “listening to your intuition”
- Why “wrong” decisions don’t make YOU wrong
- The profound effect that the ongoing and continuous act of making choices – mindfully – will have on your life
// Check out my free 7-day Clarity + Courage Course course here: www.claritycouragecourse.com
// For even more tips and tools on how to make hard decisions, read my blog post here: https://www.anaverzone.com/make-hard-decisions/
// Want to know how to build unshakable confidence and resilience? Have a tribe that supports you? Learn about the Rebel Buddhist Manifesto? Click here to grab the Rebel Buddhist Toolkit for a free resilience training, an active online community, and more.